Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Law Enforcement Multigun Championship

The Utah Peace Officers Association (UPOA) is hosting the 3rd annual Multigun Championship on February 17th, 2016 at the Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range (same range as last years USPSA Handgun Nationals) in St. George, UT. This match is limited to Law Enforcement; active, retired, federal, state, local, military police, and jail/prison. There is a non LEO match held on the following Saturday, February 20th. The match fee is $30 and it includes a shirt. Last year there was over 20 sponsors for the match. There was over $8k in product on the prize table including 4 guns and a suppressor. The match is limited to 100 competitors per day, the LEO match only has 4 slots left at this time. The non-LEO match has quite a few slots left.

There will be a Law Enforcement Multigun National Championship in Fall 2016 at this same range. Expect 250-300 LEO shooters from across the country and an epic prize table. Send me a message if you are interested or have any questions.

Jeremy Dunn aka "Jeremy Law" on Facebook

Here are the links to register for the UPOA Multigun:

https://practiscore.com/2016-upoa-multigun-championship/register

https://practiscore.com/2016-upoa-multigun-championship-civilian/register

I have been to this match 2 out of the last 3 years. It is professionally run and has really great courses of fire.

I am really excited for the National Match. It is something that has been lacking from the LEO scene. I think it will be big. Definitely as good as any of the big matches out there.

I've shot this match from the inception and have enjoyed watching it grow from the first 60 up to over 100. Many officers in my department and all the surrounding departments look forward to this match every year. It is well put together and the sponsors that have committed to the match are amazing. I'm excited to see this go to the national level.

Hey Jeremy, any news on the final description of the patrolman division?

I would like to see the patrolman division require the use of actual patrol/enforcement gear. Should require officer to have cuffs, and less-lethal on person, essentially as if you were going 10-8. I think allowing a rifle mag pouch to be added is okay, and necessary.

Pistol: whatever is allowed by your department policy. (if someone wants to get crazy, have them produce policy were it says they can carry the laser sighted pistol carbine as a duty handgun).

Rifle: I would again allow what is common for duty: 1x optics or Irons, no magnification. Maybe allow patrol to exchange a pistol caliber carbine or rifle caliber carbine based on the stage (some may have MP5's for CQB and rifle for other things.)

Shotgun: Stick to pump only shotguns. Even if the department allows semi-autos, I am sure they have a pump somewhere in their armory. Shotgun reloads should come from sidesaddle or individual loops, no dual/quad loads or caddies.

You could get really sadistic and require patrolman to wear body armor while shooting.... :devil:

I have been to this match 2 out of the last 3 years. It is professionally run and has really great courses of fire.

I am really excited for the National Match. It is something that has been lacking from the LEO scene. I think it will be big. Definitely as good as any of the big matches out there.

We are looking forward to having you back again this year! The UPOA match is completely full now which is fantastic! It is a rare feat to get this many officers wanting to shoot together and compete. I will keep you in the loop on the LEO Nationals Match. I am sure will will have plenty of new info for you at the UPOA match.

I would like to see the patrolman division require the use of actual patrol/enforcement gear. Should require officer to have cuffs, and less-lethal on person, essentially as if you were going 10-8. I think allowing a rifle mag pouch to be added is okay, and necessary.

Pistol: whatever is allowed by your department policy. (if someone wants to get crazy, have them produce policy were it says they can carry the laser sighted pistol carbine as a duty handgun).

Rifle: I would again allow what is common for duty: 1x optics or Irons, no magnification. Maybe allow patrol to exchange a pistol caliber carbine or rifle caliber carbine based on the stage (some may have MP5's for CQB and rifle for other things.)

Shotgun: Stick to pump only shotguns. Even if the department allows semi-autos, I am sure they have a pump somewhere in their armory. Shotgun reloads should come from sidesaddle or individual loops, no dual/quad loads or caddies.

You could get really sadistic and require patrolman to wear body armor while shooting.... :devil:

I like those ideas. Here is my take on a couple of them:

Belt: I think duty belt is a must. I hesitate letting officers add a rifle mag to the belt though. If they have one on all the time they can run it, I just don't want them changing how they run in a match verses duty (at least in Patrolman). I hope officer are grabbing an extra mag when deploying their rifle from their cruiser, even if it is just going into a cargo pocket. Most stages (probably all) won't require a mandatory mag change on rifle and the rifle shots aren't so difficult that you would expect to expend too many rounds on one target.

Handgun: I don't care if you run a glock or SVI as long as you carry it on duty everyday. It's a good way to prove a point that a better gun is just that. It better be in a retention holster too. Sorry no optics or comps here.

Rifle: I don't care what you run for the most part as long as you carry it in your cruiser everyday and would deploy with it if sh&* hit the fan. I know a lot of agencies that run 1x3 or 1x4 scopes so I don't want to restrict magnification. Besides most long range shots are possible for iron sights so 4x doesn't benefit you that much. I also want it to be apparent that better optics make better shooters. I do want to restrict multiple optics, as you would see in Open or Unlimited class. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Shotguns: I think you are spot on for shotgun rules. Dept issue pump shotgun. Loaded it off of the side saddle or butt cuff, just like you would on duty.