Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Educate me about Elite, Match, Pro, Custom models

GlockDude

I am a Glock guy with a G20 (10mm) and love it, but I have seen and shot some nice Tanfoglios in 40 and was thinking about getting a Tanfoglio in 10mm but I am a little confused about the models, other than the price and some of the looks, are the Elite Limited guns that much better than the Hunter or the Pro? There are some obvious trigger differences, just not sure if I can go with the Hunter and happy with the action. I like the Custom and Special models, but that is getting into the STI Perfect 10 price range.

I first bought the Tanfo Elite 10MM and a seperate 38 Super upper assy ,trigger is very good and is an accurate pistol.

I then bought a Limited Pro 10MM ,runs good and is accurate. I have since bought a Stock 3- 38 Super and the Elite 10mm upper assy fits perfectly . The Elite is worth the extra money IMO. If I was to sell any of them it would be the Lim Pro.

I have a STI Perfect 10MM and it is worth the money

That is great info, thanks. I like the looks of the Stock III but wanted any nicer options that the Elite Limited might have and I did not know about changing the uppers. I was thinking about an Elite Limited 10mm and a Stock III .40. I will have to check into the prices of the uppers.

If I could buy another Tanfoglio, it would be a Stock 3 and then I would get a used limited .40 slide so that I can do production and limited with the same frame. OP, you could just get a large frame Stock 3 in .40 and then get a 10mm 4.75" barrel and some K10 mags if you wanted to go the cheap route.

Edited by himurax13

If I could buy another Tanfoglio, it would be a Stock 3 and then I would get a used limited .40 slide so that I can do production and limited with the same frame. OP, you could just get a large frame Stock 3 in .40 and then get a 10mm 4.75" barrel and some K10 mags if you wanted to go the cheap route.

Buy another?, do you have one now, if so, which one? I do like the Stock 3, just wondering about the action. There has to be some internals that are different between the Elite Limited and the the Stock 3. The safety looks different, triggers is a little different. Thinking that heavier looking front end of the stock 3 would be nice with the 10mm cartridge.

Buy another?, do you have one now, if so, which one? I do like the Stock 3, just wondering about the action. There has to be some internals that are different between the Elite Limited and the the Stock 3. The safety looks different, triggers is a little different. Thinking that heavier looking front end of the stock 3 would be nice with the 10mm cartridge.

Limited is SA only, stock 3 is DA/SA. Couple different parts related to that difference. Cosmetic differences with the size / shape of levers.

If you're going to shoot production or just prefer da/da get a stock 2/3.

For limited or just a range toy get an elite limited or hunter

Very helpful, thanks. The obvious next question is Elite Limited or Hunter? I suppose if I were to ever shoot USPSA Limited, I could get a .40 cal barrel for the Elite Limited, the hunter would probably just be a range toy.

Yes if you buy a 10mm its easy to switch to .40 with a barrel. Nothing wrong with shooting a 10mm in uspsa limited either. And while it's generally not recommended a lot of people shoot .40 in their 10mm barrel with no issues

Yes if you buy a 10mm its easy to switch to .40 with a barrel. Nothing wrong with shooting a 10mm in uspsa limited either. And while it's generally not recommended a lot of people shoot .40 in their 10mm barrel with no issues

Except for getting your 10mm brass back, LOL.

Well you do have DA/SA vs SAO triggers, slightly different safeties etc. However, a good DA/SA trigger will can be just as good or better than any SAO trigger.

I have a pair of Elite Matches ATM. I use them for IDPA and I didn't have the coin for them during the small window where we could buy them in CA.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk