Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem 1100 loading gate/ easy loader ?'s

NoKimberDave

As far as a shell getting on top of the lifter, I suffer from this as well occasionally, but unfortunately the cause of this is operator error, nothing with the gun. If I don't put the last shell in far enough untill it clicks past the shell catch, it will throw it on top of the lifter Every time. So what I did was open the loading port more forward exposing more of the follower and allow my thumb to push the shells in further without having to roll my thumb under and Into the feed tube.

load%20port%206_zps4stxym4e.jpg

load%20port%204_zpsqhpoukjk.jpg

inside%20load%202_zpsxdcbuuc8.jpg

inside%20load_zps3r9ls4j8.jpg

THank you very much for the posts. I'll look into that carrier.

The photo of the loading port is very helpful as I am about to open that up on mine.

I am aware of course that a shell over the lifter is human error. Unfortunately, to err is human. So, if I were to err again, as I have been known to do, is there no other way to get the shell out besides disassembly of the gun?

As far as a shell getting on top of the lifter, I suffer from this as well occasionally, but unfortunately the cause of this is operator error, nothing with the gun. If I don't put the last shell in far enough untill it clicks past the shell catch, it will throw it on top of the lifter Every time. So what I did was open the loading port more forward exposing more of the follower and allow my thumb to push the shells in further without having to roll my thumb under and Into the feed tube.

load%20port%206_zps4stxym4e.jpg

load%20port%204_zpsqhpoukjk.jpg

inside%20load%202_zpsxdcbuuc8.jpg

inside%20load_zps3r9ls4j8.jpg

THank you very much for the posts. I'll look into that carrier.

The photo of the loading port is very helpful as I am about to open that up on mine.

I am aware of course that a shell over the lifter is human error. Unfortunately, to err is human. So, if I were to err again, as I have been known to do, is there no other way to get the shell out besides disassembly of the gun?

No Problem, If you need more pics of anything specifically just let me know.

When you are opening up the Load port, you can go pretty deep on the ejection port side, but on the other you have to be really careful as that your shell catch is over there. I would either Remove the shell catch (small snap ring) or wedge something under it so that it is in the far up position and tape it off. I nicked mine with the grinder pretty good and I thought it would never stop a shell again. Just enough meat left on it to work thankfully.

and opening it up forward, I went until I was basically grinding the back of the mag tube. You'll know you're there by the sparks lol

USA skeet,

Who did the oppening up of the port? Milled on a machine ir by hand?

I did that myself with a dremel tool. then used a file to even out the parallel sides. Step sand then polish.

I did blue it after but have been using it so much I think I wore through it and needs re-blued.

the ejection port side of the receiver Can be opened deeper if desired.

• 4 weeks later...

USASkeet,

Nice job opening up the port. Did you consider cutting off some of the Dave's Metal Works easy loader? I cut some of mine off to give more clearance for the lead shotshell on a load 2. The lead shell would sometimes hit the top edge (when the shotgun is flipped over) of the port opening into the magazine.