Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 COL deviation

mjohn.....some very good shooters , who opinions I respect , told me HP are a more accurate round for competition. That being said...I am simply not that good of a shooter to tell the difference ......just being honest .

I got hooked on Xtreme 147's and , after trying multiple other brands, never left. I alternate between the RN. And the HP...mostly HP out of habit and setting up,the press.......lol.

^^^^^^^^^^

Mine is a similar story except I am using Zero's 147 FMJ. That is the bullet that a lot of people who I have shot with used and I have no desire to reinvent the wheel, so I went with FMJ, stayed with them and I am happy.

Always nice to here other peoples opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have discovered a problem with my variaton of OAL. I used mixed brass and love 147 Xtremes.

When I load and check my OAL (I go for 1.140) I usually see.... 1.140, 1.138, 1.137, 1.142. etc and then I get 1.150 once in awhile.

I started to check head stamps on the long ones.... and its CBC.

CBC Brass wall is much thicker than other headstamps. So it bells less, It sizes tight and when bullet is seated there is much much more resistance and it is seated higher. In most cases I have impression on those bullets from seating stem of my Redding die and that also causes higher OAL.

So I went through all my 10k of 9mm brass and sorted out CBC headstamp. Problem went away and I am back to .004-.005 deviation.

CBC apparently doesn't work very well with longer 147gr bullets. So I will have to use that brass for lighter/shorter bullets or load longer for that brass.