Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bald Eagle ultrasonic cleaner

Jrb305

Does anyone have first hand experience with the Bald Eagle brand ultrasonic cleaner? Trying to narrow down my options. Also looking at the ones on eBay. Trying to stay under $200 for a 6L unit. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Jrb305

Not looking to clean brass with it. I want one to clean guns/parts since that is my least favorite part of shooting!

For general cleaning, it's way easier the traditional way.

Ultrasonic cleaning of gun parts was time consuming, and pretty much a pain in the butt. I used it once to clean a couple of Glocks, way quicker to just clean them by hand. I'll keep it around for bolt carriers, and maybe for can baffles, but that's about it.

~g

I bought a cheapie ultrasonic cleaner (http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Digital-Cleaning-Cycles/dp/B007AUI4W4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441508942&sr=8-2&keywords=bald+eagle+ultrasonic) to see if I would like how it worked for cleaning some firearms parts (similar to your thoughts). It works well for small parts but it would be nice it you could run it longer and it had better/faster heat and better/more transducers of a more industrial unit.

But for occasional cleaning, it works for me. When it breaks, I'll buy a nicer more industrial unit.

That's what I'm thinking, RDA. Just want something cheaper to see if it actually does a decent job. It's gotta be better than not cleaning them at all!

We are on the same page. I bought some of the RCBS ultrasonic solution to use with it. It definitely helps clean all the the small parts and hard to reach places. You still end up doing some work by hand but overall things end up cleaner.