Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 90 Degree C-more mount?

razorfish

I've decided to give a 90 degree mount a try on my open pistol but which one should I get?

Basically I have an standard STI Trubor in 9mm with a Brazos slide. Barrel has two popple holes.

Should I go with the standard or offset mount? Assuming the blast from my popple holes are the reason for going with the offset mount, are there any disadvantages to the offset beyond the slide racker?

My first inclination is to just use the Cheely mount but are there any other brands/models I should be looking at?

I'm hoping to not make this a discussion about 90 degree vs. normal mounting as this has been well discussed in the past. Again, I'm new to open and just want to experiment with the 90 degree configuration.

If your have popple holes, you are gonna want a setback mount or the lens will get filthy fast. the disadvantage is the slide racker on the left was much tighter and would almost have to be be bent to get it on the left side, I tried it very briefly with the mount and racker on the right and dumped the setup pretty fast if its used with a thumb rest its even a tighter squeeze.