Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MOA Targets Freedom wheel vs MGM Spinner

I am looking to get into some targets for practice and would really like to get a spinner. Have any of you used the MOA targets freedom wheel. How does it compare to the MGM in the number of shots it takes to spin it? It looks like from videos I have seen it may spin easier?

I have a MOA spinner. Instead of a pillow bearing like the MGM uses the MOA spins on a piece of copper pipe with a bit of clearence. The MOA requires you supply the legs 3/4 EMT and a 3/4" contractor stake for the spinner to spin on. Everything else was like $25 at the Depot. I put cotter pins through the holes in the contractor stake to keep the spinner and the ends on the stake to make it Eire to set up by myself.

It is a good value for the money

• 2 months later...

Howdy! Durtywrench sent me the link here. I'm the MOA Targets guy. The Freedom Wheel wasn't built to directly compete with the MGM, but to be a user serviceable field expedient version. Because of how it's built, if you want a harder version, just ask and I can make the arms longer or paddles larger. Larger paddles is kinda counter intuitive for making it harder, but the extra weight makes a huge difference. I have a pistol only version out now as well. http://www.moatargets.com/ar500-steel-reactive-targets?product_id=345

Feel free to ask questions, I'll try to check in on this thread occasionally. The contact form on the website is usually the best way to grab my attention.