Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First STI...slightly used Eagle custom built

zipper046

So after YEARS of shooting Glocks (mostly because they were cheap, easy to work on, and that's what my issued duty weapon is)...I finally found a good deal on a slightly used STI Eagle custom built by Chris Fitz out in WA....I bought the gun from DR2E here on the forums.

First...GREAT transaction...DR2E was great at answering questions and the transaction was flawless. THANK YOU DR2E! I highly recommend him as a seller!

So...the only 2 things I had to do was replace front sight with a FO from Dawson's, and file down the left side thumb safety a bit (was pinching the web of my hand).

I sighted the gun in today....OUTSTANDING pistol! Only had a few FTF's (round being chambered stovepiped...last round in the mag) which were no big deal and seemed to have gone away after a few hundred rounds.

This gun is ACCURATE! Below are pic's of the gun and target's. All rounds were shot from a rest at 50 feet (rest was a little wobbly...LOL). Target's were 2" rifle targets...

The target with 5 rounds (and the flier high right) were 5 rounds of Remington UMC factory 180gr ammo....

the target with 16 rounds were my reloads (180gr Berry's over 5.3gr UNIQUE at 1.135" OAL)

I am very pleased with this gun....now to shoot and get used to the new platform!

post-13392-0-79244100-1439748431_thumb.j

post-13392-0-29262400-1439748454_thumb.j

post-13392-0-26640800-1439748472_thumb.j

post-13392-0-64831700-1439748490_thumb.j

Geez, I am so sorry that you had feeding issues. My thoughts are mag issues not the gun. Glad they smoothed out eventually. Your oal might be an issue as folks, including me, run longer ammo in a 2011. Start with 1.170" and maybe go as long as 1.200". The mags have a lot more room to work with than glock mags. Have fun and thank you for making the transaction smooth for me too.

Geez, I am so sorry that you had feeding issues. My thoughts are mag issues not the gun. Glad they smoothed out eventually. Your oal might be an issue as folks, including me, run longer ammo in a 2011. Start with 1.170" and maybe go as long as 1.200". The mags have a lot more room to work with than glock mags. Have fun and thank you for making the transaction smooth for me too.

yes...i'm thinking the shorter OAL is the issue and maybe mag's...I have some other STI mag's I bought from a friend and will try those too...I also had a buddy who was at the range and who had some longer loaded .40's on hand and they ran flawlessly in the gun....

Not a major issue....Thanks again!!! :-)

I sighted the gun in today....OUTSTANDING pistol! Only had a few FTF's (round being chambered stovepiped...last round in the mag) which were no big deal and seemed to have gone away after a few hundred rounds.

Try loading longer. I run 1.18 with no issues. I have had a couple FTF running factory loaded (Glock length) .40 when I ran out of my reloads at the range. Enjoy!