Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maintainence and cleaning on Tanfo

bigboy69

On a Tanfoglio Custom Gold Team, 38 Super.

Any different then say a 2011??

I was watching some vids on you tube and I seen what looks to be the most popular way of cleaning the lower is to remove the slide and spray it down with Carb cleaner and then oil certain spots.

Comments/suggestions???

^ This is exactly what I do. I lube with marvel mystery oil. I'm going to try an mix 50/50 marvel oil and 10w30. I hear some Ppl use ATF but I HATE ATF and fork oil! It is evil stuff that will rot your sole and ruin your lunch... lol

The gold teams get pretty dirty due to all the barrel ports and slide cuts.

Take slide off lower. Take out barrel, reverse plug, guide rod, spring, firing pin, spring and firing pin stop.

Lower stays complete.

Spray all those bits with brake cleaner NOT carb cleaner. Spray out firing pin tunnel especially if you have the fpb removed. Then detail clean all the loose bits with paper towel or whatever. Scrape out the comp chambers, clean barrel with hoppes or whatever. Clean breech face and under extractor with brush.

Then I use some oil on a patch and rub it on the outside of the barrel. The plug, guide rod and spring. Drop of oil on hammer, sear, each side of trigger bow, trigger bow plunger, trigger. Slide glide on frame and slide rails, barrel lugs, inside front of slide where the cone locks up.

Ready to go again. It runs basically 100% this way. They need to be well cared for and well cleaned if you want it to live at major pf. :)

If taking out the extractor you punch out the pin but don't punch it out all the way. Leave it sticking out of the slide. You only need to do that maybe once or twice a year. Otherwise brake cleaner and a brush under the tip is fine.

Contact cleaner should be ok. Brake cleaner is very good though. :)