Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making Ammo for Major Matches

ES13Raven

Ben Stoeger said he uses 124s for practice and 147s for matches.

What's his theory behind this?
With shooting production I would guess 124g has more recoil then a 147g. Practice w harsh recoil then when you shoot a match you have a soft shooting gun? That's all I can think of.

With shooting production I would guess 124g has more recoil then a 147g. Practice w harsh recoil then when you shoot a match you have a soft shooting gun? That's all I can think of.
That's the only thing I could think of too...kinda like practice stuff that's harder than competition, then comps will seem easy. It goes against the grain of what almost everyone else says though.

Price is pretty negligible between 124s and 147s...I can't imagine it would make much difference to him.

Edited by LeviSS

That's the only thing I could think of too...kinda like practice stuff that's harder than competition, then comps will seem easy. It goes against the grain of what almost everyone else says though.

Price is pretty negligible between 124s and 147s...I can't imagine it would make much difference to him.

Every time he's mentioned it, he says it's because they are cheaper.

He does mention they are softer but it doesn't make a difference to him.

June 11 2013 and Jan 4 2014 PPS are just 2 examples.

Edited by robb315

Every time he's mentioned it, he says it's because they are cheaper.

He does mention they are softer but it doesn't make a difference to him.

June 11 2013 and Jan 4 2014 PPS are just 2 examples.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised.