Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1050 powder measure twists

I have been reloading on a older 1050 for quite a while. I have had issues with the powder measure making a pop sound and sending the little white bushing flying across the room. It didn't happen that often so I figured it was just loosening up.

The powder measure twist clock wise when it is belling and filling the brass in its station.

I have the original MR Bullet Feeder installed and I use his powder drop. Last night I was having trouble with bullets staying in the case after they were dropped in. I decided to open up the case mouth just a bit more. Nothing crazy.

Now the powder measure keeps popping apart. It twists to the right allowing the little white bushing to blast off. I switched to a different measure and it lasted about 25 rounds and blast off.

What do I have out of adjustment?

The second powder measure worked just fine on the 550. I have not put it back on to try it there I am out of the little white tabs.

It is the first generation Mr. Bulletfeeder actuator. It may not be beveled enough at the top and if you adjust the actuator down too far to open up the case for the bullet you will end up breaking the bottom half of the powder measure. I went through several bases when I was loading commercially before my machinist fixed it. Have your machinist relieve the top of the actuator or just buy a new version from DAA. The new ones work great. I don't know why mine was like that, and for all I know I could have adjusted it wrong. I know the new ones from DAA work just fine.

DougC