Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K40s mags with henning bps + gramms guts...

Aasp76

Hello guys,

My brother lives in Brazil, since I will take some vacations to visit him he ask me to bring with me some accesories for his Tanfo Limited HC.

He told me that he need 6 k40s Mags with henning base pads and gramms guts but he was very clear that he needs the IPSC base pads and not the USPSA ones.

In the hennign website I found the IPSC basepade with PN: H500T, Henning said that using this basepads with Gramms guts it's posible to increase the magazine capacity to 18 rounds + 1 and still fit the IPSC standar box.

The cuestion is with the Gramms kit, I use this kit with the Hennig base pad for USPSA to increase to 20 + 1, the spring has 11 coils, do we have to cut some coils to use it on Henning IPSC base pads or we can use it as is and still have 18 rounds magazines ?

Please enlighten me with your wisdom !

Link to henning IPSC Base pads: http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-aluminum-ipsc-base-pad-large-frame-h500-t#productTabs

Link to gramms kit in henning website: http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-magazine-spring-kit-by-grams-fkt

Regards.

Make sure its legal to travel to Brazil with magazines and magazine parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks , I did, I have to declare and bring them into pieces in a sealed container and non functional while traveling in the suitcase.

I find it very encouraging that Brazil allows our favorite toys. If you look at most other countries in Latin America, like Peru for example does not allow civilians to own any caliber larger than .380!!!

I find it very encouraging that Brazil allows our favorite toys. If you look at most other countries in Latin America, like Peru for example does not allow civilians to own any caliber larger than .380!!!

You are right!

Brazil is one of the countries that allow shooting sports.

They have weird laws about it, for example In Brazil you can't reload your own amunition, the import of reloader machines are forbiden for civilians unnless you have special autorization from the goverment If you are lucky to get the autorization then you will have to buy to their army the components to reload and of course are really expensive, the gun powder is so scarce that they pay $90 USD for ONE POUND OF POWDER and they can choose simply take it or leave it, can you imagine how expensive result to buy a race gun there ? well a Tanfoglio Limited Custom HC in .40 S&W tag price is $2,500 USD.

Even with all does limitations Brazil have a very good shooting level, brands like Tanfoglio and CZ are the owners of the market there, so little market share for STI/SVI but with the higly prices is understandable, the have their own brand for IPSC equipent the famous " GUGA RIBAS " here in US Ernie Hill distribute their products, the Ribas family have a very good reputation as shooters.

If you have time go to youtube and search for IPSC Brazil you would see their events.

Hmmm... I'm sure there are 1000's of ways to sneak or mail in power and primers from the US. You could break down a press into individual parts and mail them in unrecognizable groups. How about a Folgers coffee can filled with Clays? Or a t-shirt bedazzled with primers.

It seems to be almost universal in Latin America, that ammo "manufacturing" is forbidden.