Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alabama Section Limited Championship March 19

The 2005 Alabama Section Limited Championship match will be held in Birmingham on March 19. Entery fee is $100. Limited Division only division recognised. We have room for another 25 shooters.

I know the hour is late for a match annoucement but I would hate for IPSC shooters in the area to miss out on a great match because they did not know about it. We sent all the competitors who shot here last year an email match announcement and I Have recieved entries from around the southeast. We have room for another 25 or so shooters. The match will be a one day shoot with 8 great stages. The match is the same location as the last 10 Alabama Section matches, the FOP Range in Pleasant Grove, just outside B'ham.

Why limited only? The host club, Dixie Shooters, has been suffering from a major case of burnout and the guys who put this match together decided that we have to do something to downsize this event from the 10 past year's matches. Limited only will keep a decent prize pool. We are following the Texas Format with the RO's shooting with the squads. This will ease the workload on the RO staff and make it run like a big club match. RO's won't have to burn a vacation day to be able to participate. RO's won't have to run 170+ shooters through the same stage all day.

It is not too late to get an entry in. We are accepting match entries until Friday. If you have shot an Alabama Match, you know Dixie Shooters puts together a quality event. The match is 100% payback ofter expenses. If the match fills, we should have about $4000 to give out. I have cut corners to keep match expenses to a minimum, used props we already have, freshened up the props with a little wear and tear on them. The stages, active squad list, match info, hotel info and entry form are posted on the foprangeinc.com site. There is no "Ringy Dingy" or "Sit and Spin" this year. Only wide open freestyle field courses. Round count is 228 rounds. See http://www.foprangeinc.com/2005_al_limted_champ.htm for the web page. Look for the Open and Limited 10/Production/Revolver matches here in Alabama later in the year.

Call me, Jon Grigsby at 205-966-3137 cell or 205-744-2600 range, if you need further info.

Moderator, please delete.

The 2005 Alabama Section Limited Championship match will be held in Birmingham on March 19.  Entery fee is $100.  Limited Division only division recognised.  We have room for another 25 shooters.

I know the hour is late for a match annoucement but I would hate for IPSC shooters in the area to miss out on a great match because they did not know about it.  We sent all the competitors who shot here last year an email match announcement and I Have recieved entries from around the southeast.  We have room for another 25 or so shooters.  The match will be a one day shoot with 8 great stages.  The match is the same location as the last 10 Alabama Section matches, the FOP Range in Pleasant Grove, just outside B'ham. 

Why limited only?  The host club, Dixie Shooters, has been suffering from a major case of burnout and the guys who put this match together decided that we have to do something to downsize this event from the 10 past year's matches.  Limited only will keep a decent prize pool.  We are following the Texas Format with the RO's shooting with the squads.  This will ease the workload on the RO staff and make it run like a big club match. RO's won't have to burn a vacation day to be able to participate. RO's won't have to run 170+ shooters through the same stage all day. 

It is not too late to get an entry in.  We are accepting match entries until Friday.  If you have shot an Alabama Match, you know Dixie Shooters puts together a quality event.  The match is 100% payback ofter expenses.  If the match fills, we should have about $4000 to give out.  I have cut corners to keep match expenses to a minimum, used props we already have, freshened up the props with a little wear and tear on them.  The stages, active squad list, match info, hotel info and entry form are posted on the foprangeinc.com site.  There is no "Ringy Dingy" or "Sit and Spin" this year.  Only wide open freestyle field courses.  Round count is 228 rounds.   See http://www.foprangeinc.com/2005_al_limted_champ.htm for the web page.   Look for the Open and Limited 10/Production/Revolver matches here in Alabama later in the year.

Call me, Jon Grigsby at 205-966-3137 cell or 205-744-2600 range, if you need further info.

Jon

Loved the match. Didn't think I'ld like seeing the dedicated "Open" guys digging out their Limited toys, but I did. We had everyone in the same room. No excuses. Fun. Pay back could be expensive, but lets do it.

Thanks for your service to the Alabama section.

MHearn

Jon

Loved the match.  Didn't think I'ld like seeing the dedicated "Open" guys digging out their Limited toys, but I did.  We had everyone in the same room.  No excuses.  Fun.  Pay back could be expensive, but lets do it. 

Thanks for your service to the Alabama section. 

MHearn

Had a blast, Was with squad 3, shot with the Georgia boys.