Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli recoil spring.

sac

I bought a used m1 super 90 awhile ago,I think it is an early one because it doesn't have the cutout at the bottom of the bolt carrier. So in my quest to get it to shoot as light as loads possible, I took it all the way down removingbthe recoil spring and found it has never been removed. So what recoil are people using, factory, Wolfe or something else.

From my previous post I did load some 1200 fps. 1 1/8 loads and was at a match and had a short stroke, ran sum 1400 fps and ran like a sawing machine. So I'm cleaning the tube and going to replace the spring,just wounded what everyone is using and still want to run heavy loads without beating the shotgun up.

Thanks Scott

P.S. taking the bolt apart for the first time the locking pin has grooves on the flats, probably causing some resistance as well.

Edited by sac

Picture of bolt/carrrier, please. Taran has recoil springs-get some of those. Or Wolff has recoil springs, or Numrich's. Or just clean and oil the old spring and tube really well and see what you get..Lesser recoil spring,or standard if you can't get lower recoil.