Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest

crovello

I just got the Arredondo thumb rest for my STI. I ordered the one that fits over the C-more serendipity. I did not realize this when I ordered it but it blocks the removal of the slide stop. It does not make sense to me that I would have to remove the thumb rest every time I break my gun down.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is my C-more mounted to far back?

Is there any other thumb rest that would work better?

I love the Dawson mount for the C-more. The problem is what do I do with the holes in the other side of my frame?

If I did go with the Dawson sight mount with the build in thumb rest, can I get my C-more modified to fit on it or do I buy a new one?

Thanks

Dave

crovello,

send me your e-mail address and i will send you pics of how i alter the arredondo thumbrest so when it is mounted on your pistol you do not have to take it off to get the slidestop out. my e-mail is bedellcustom@yahoo.com

Crovello- When I was hunting for a used C-More, I called up the factory. They can convert a Serendipity to a slide ride for $35. Then you can mount it to a single sided mount of your choice. Most single mounts have more holes than the Serendipity does on the left side.