Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge Thumb Rest

I got my nitro fin yesterday, installed it and took it to the range. No problems in about 90 rounds. I'll probably drill the detent, but I can't get my slide to lock back, even if I try.

BTW, I went back and forth between the nitro fin and the PT thumb rests, but I'm glad I went with the nitro fin. My thumb sits naturally right on top of it.

20150806_191147_zpshn5w3zai.jpg

I got my nitro fin yesterday, installed it and took it to the range. No problems in about 90 rounds. I'll probably drill the detent, but I can't get my slide to lock back, even if I try.

BTW, I went back and forth between the nitro fin and the PT thumb rests, but I'm glad I went with the nitro fin. My thumb sits naturally right on top of it.

:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: Nice pistol! You prefer the green than the red fiber?

Edited by tanfoglio1911

:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: Nice pistol! You prefer the green than the red fiber?

Thanks! I've got red on all my other competition guns, but this one is new and came with the green already installed. I'm going to shoot it in the match tomorrow and see if I need to change it. It has worked well at the range so far.

I lucked out my pin is .199 and the pin on the rest was .199 as wel .. Will see how it runs Tonarow have a big team match to attend hope it runs good this time if not I'll actually bring my factory slide stop with me

TennJeep1618

As per Nitrofin's website;

"Slide lock does lock the slide back manually, but does not automatically on the last round."

I'm very pleased with the Nitrofin. It fits and feels very natural. Can't wait to shoot my first Steel Challenge match in 7 hours. Jimmy B needs to let me go to bed. :)

11865332_1630680133864733_1505218958_o.j