Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp cleaning, media blasting.

bigcraig

Try weapon shield solvent. You can actually spray it on, leave it sit overnight and the next day go shoot and it'll blow it out while shooting.

It will also leave a protective barrier so it won't build up again. Just apply every now and again.

Ask Akai, he's a believer now also.

Outers foulout. Teflon:plumbers tape the comp and fill solution all the way up into the comp.

Comes out like mud in hours not days.

where can you get that stuff and what kind of comp are you using it on?
I went and looked and sadly they quit making them (had no idea). Most likely environmental reasons but they say lack of sales. I have a quarter gallon of fluid left and don't know what I'll do when that is gone. I've reused it before and it worked though. Apparently people have been making their own units online , but I haven't seen where you can get the solution. Supposedly there is a recipe for it. My comp is an EGW and it's hard chromed.

40BDD488-9EE8-4EFB-807C-FEE4C14CEA29_zps

6E8D7BAE-23BC-4F2E-AC56-9C828204FF06_zps

Edited by ipscjoe

If I remember right the foul out was sort of a reverse electroplating. Depending on if you wanted to remove lead or copper you might have to use a different solution. Might be worth investigating the electroplating process and reversing it. all you need is some solution, possibly a cathode of a sort depending on what you are removing and a low voltage power source. The chemistry would have to be right.