Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Silver Buckle Match

I decided to "see" this match. Worked great, 28 of 28 alphas on the first stage, all hits on the windmill targets, no no-shoots, and didn't miss until the next-to-last target of the last stage. But I wasn't fast, hence 7th Limited and well down the M list. But it feels good just to see the sights and get the hits.

Taran decimated everybody. I shot a pretty solid classifier and it was only 72% of his. Holy crap.

I finally got to meet the 300#gorilla! We didn't exchange jokes about the smirking chimp, though.

The best part was telling ong45 the reciprocal of what he has been telling me: "Aw, there's no competition in Open, all the competition is in Limited." Even better that the Open match winner, ong45, didn't beat the Limited match winner in the combined results. :)

Yes we are very proud of our "little" Gorilla - graduation and a Silver Buckle to boot! I was all over the place at this match ... my best finish 89% - 6th, my worst finish 41% - 69th (69 dude, I swear I'm not making that up).

Great match like last year (but I did miss the horse)! Can't wait for next year!

It was cool to meet ParaJoe! and the 'vette is beyond words (it even has a HUD.) I got to see Taran shoot again and el Prez himself Mike Voigt shoot for the first time. I even got to hang out with Beven Grams a little bit (who also got a killer Silver Buckle for his awesome support of this match!)

I'll have to post my pictures somewhere. I'll get a link up so .... stay tuned.

I'll have to post my pictures somewhere.  I'll get a link up so .... stay tuned.

short_round,

You are welcome to send me your photos and I will post them on the Area 2 website (with credit, of course). I was unable to take any photos this year.

Jerry

I finally got my HoserCam videos posted from my Rusty Buckle, er Silver Buckle Match. Man, I sucked, but at least I sucked consistantly. It seemed like everybody had at least one complete Crash & Burn stage except me.

Nolan

I finally got my HoserCam videos posted from my Rusty Buckle, er Silver Buckle Match.  Man, I sucked, but at least I sucked consistantly.  It seemed like everybody had at least one complete Crash & Burn stage except me.

Nolan

Nolan,

Outstanding videos !!!

I wish I "sucked" at shooting like you do :)

May I have your permission to permanently post the videos on the Area 2 website?

Thanks

dvc

Jerry

May I have your permission to permanently post the videos on the Area 2 website?

Thanks

dvc

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

Infamy, Penury, Ridicule, er Fame, Fortune, & Glory how can I resist. You have my permission to permanently post the videos.

Nolan

I looked at the results last night. I was well up there in points and way down there in time. I should have realized it was a speed match, with the smallest stage being 20 rounds and most around 30. But I wanted to shoot an accurate, clean match and I almost did.