Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with Henning trigger install!

Frankl03

Witness Match.

I installed the tigger. It works perfectly with the slide off the gun. With the slide on the gun racked to charge the the gun, the hammer just stayes back. Another words the slide disengages the trigger bar when raking the slide.

I was told I probably I don't have enough pretravel. I took the pretravel screw out and the gun works fine but has way too much pretravel. With the pretravel screw back in the gun it back to the begginning.

I have filed the sear leg some.

Any help you can give would be welcome!

Yes with it completey out of the gun it works. When I put the pretravel screw in I turn it all the way in. With the screw all the way in there is not enough pretravel.

Edited by Frankl03

If I back out the screw I will have even less pretravel. with the screw all the way in I don't have enough pretravel. With the srew taken out of the trigger completey I have too much!

Frank,

Some of us aren't suited to be mechanics. I'm one of those people and you may be too. It's not a bad thing, its just the way it is. With my pension and my current salary, I made $97,000 last year, but I can't do more on my beloved pistol than clean it and change a few parts. Never stop learning, but accept it if you're just not mechanically inclined- pay someone to work on it and move on. My brother replaced the auxiliary transmission in a small bulldozer in a barn without any help. I destroyed an old pickup truck and a classic motorcycle trying to work on them. Live and learn and move on. Good luck.

I had the same issue with my limited when I installed the henning trigger. With the pretravel screw turned all the way in, the flat head screw still sticks out of the trigger a bit too much. I filed the top of the flat head screw until it would reset. The other option would be to countersink the hole a bit more.

post-40879-0-11643500-1435424948_thumb.j

post-40879-0-86596400-1435424954_thumb.j

Edited by TDH

I had the same problem. I fixed it by fitting henning prepped sear and hammer.

Grinding down the screw will fix it but will leave all that pre-travel. What needs work is the reset leg on the sear. It's not allowing the trigger bar to pop up in front. You need to start working on the front of the sear leg. At the foot where the trigger bar gets in front to push against it and release the hammer. You can also work the trigger bar but Sears are cheaper and the factory sear has heaps of meat in the leg.

JMB, yes I may not be machanically inclinded enough!

TDH, Yes I was thinking that is what I needed to do. Since I'm not comfortable with counter sinking I will file the head of the screw to gain just a little more pretravel.

Thanks All!

I got it working!!!!

Had to substitute a set screw for the pretravel screw.

Just got back back from the range. Had to make a couple changes at the range but my pistol is running great!

Problem solved!

Thanks again for all the help!