Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Silhouette 9mm Minor Load Data

Chuckdee

Hello Fello Shooters,

I need help finding 9mm Minor Load data for Ramshot Silhouette. Out of desperation, I have purchased 16lbs of it for my 9mm Glock 34 that I use for Production. Currently, and for many many years, I have used Titegroup with Berry's 124gr RN. I use about 3.7 grains of it at 1.140 OAL to get around 130PF. I have been happy with that load, but I am running out of Titegroup, and I've been having a hard time finding it. Anyway, I figured I would find another powder to use as backup, and Silhouette is what has been available. So anyway, I've searched around I haven't been able to find concrete loading data to get me started. Can someone please help and save me time & money trying to find a reasonable load or give me a good starting point? I'd like to keep my OAL the same. Also, please feel free to post your thoughts and experiences using Silhouette in 9mm minor as well.

Thank you,

Charles

Charles,

I have used many pounds in 9mm major. I think Silhouette is a much better when loaded at or close to major in 9mm. The lighter loads will likely be very dirty but they should work.

Ramshot data for a 124 FMJ shows 4.9 grs at 1009 fps and 5.6 grs at 1105 fps.

I have chroned these loads out of my open gun with a 124 Montana Gold, 5.5 at 982 fps and 6.5 at 1165 fps. These were loaded to 1.170 oal.

Hope this helps. If you were closer I would trade several pounds of Titegroup for Silhouette!

Thank you for your reply. I will probably start around 4.5grs just to be safe since my OAL in shorter then yours. It will just be used for practice ammo until I run out of Titegroup which hopefully won't happen anytime soon. Thanks again for the info, and if you are ever in Vegas, bring the Titegroup and we can trade!!!

Depending on the gun, your 124gn bullet, and your lot numbers of components, manuals say you will use from 4.9-5.3gn of Silhouette to get a PF of 125-130. 5.0 and 5.3gn tend to be accurate, if any of these loads can be considered accurate. COL for tested loads ranged from 1.050-1.100".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fello Shooters,

I need help finding 9mm Minor Load data for Ramshot Silhouette. Out of desperation, I have purchased 16lbs of it for my 9mm Glock 34 that I use for Production. Currently, and for many many years, I have used Titegroup with Berry's 124gr RN. I use about 3.7 grains of it at 1.140 OAL to get around 130PF. I have been happy with that load, but I am running out of Titegroup, and I've been having a hard time finding it. Anyway, I figured I would find another powder to use as backup, and Silhouette is what has been available. So anyway, I've searched around I haven't been able to find concrete loading data to get me started. Can someone please help and save me time & money trying to find a reasonable load or give me a good starting point? I'd like to keep my OAL the same. Also, please feel free to post your thoughts and experiences using Silhouette in 9mm minor as well.

Thank you,

Charles

Using Silhouette exclusively in 9mm minor and major loads.

9mm minor jacketed 124gr - 130pf - 5.2gr

9mm minor plated 147gr - 130pf - 4.5gr - truncated nose, fit into CZ75 needs 1.095" COAL

9mm major jacketed 124gr - (not sure of pf) - 7.2gr regular nose, fit into CZ Czechmate needs 1.160" COAL