Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I jump into Open or Limited?

Sorry you didn't like limited or open. Open doesn't interest me yet, but maybe one day. Have a great time in production, I certainly do. How did you settle on CZs for production?

I enjoyed shooting Limited, but I didn't immediately fall in love with Open like I thought I would. I picked up my CZ 75 Shadow SA (IDPA ESP gun) recently for the first time in months and remembered how much I love the small frame CZ's. That's one of the reasons I decided to go back to Production/SSP and the logical step was to get a CZ suited for those divisions.

Have you tried limited-10? Honestly, I like the idea of reloading... I understand that production is the same thing. However, it takes the gun confusion out of the equation.
Honestly, I don't see the point in L-10 and practically no one around here shoots it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fair enough, like I said it confuses me too. From my understanding you can use whatever gun (outside open). If anyone understands it better please feel free to educate me.

Sorry you didn't like limited or open. Open doesn't interest me yet, but maybe one day. Have a great time in production, I certainly do. How did you settle on CZs for production?

I enjoyed shooting Limited, but I didn't immediately fall in love with Open like I thought I would. I picked up my CZ 75 Shadow SA (IDPA ESP gun) recently for the first time in months and remembered how much I love the small frame CZ's. That's one of the reasons I decided to go back to Production/SSP and the logical step was to get a CZ suited for those divisions.

Have you tried limited-10? Honestly, I like the idea of reloading... I understand that production is the same thing. However, it takes the gun confusion out of the equation.
Honestly, I don't see the point in L-10 and practically no one around here shoots it.

Fair enough, like I said it confuses me too. From my understanding you can use whatever gun (outside open). If anyone understands it better please feel free to educate me.
The gun can be the same as a Limited gun. The only difference is the mag capacity.

I started in limited with my 34 and loved it and never thought about seriously going to open. Then a local uspsa gm in open and limited let me play with his tim greaves custom open gun and I had an open in two days. It's just so much more fun to hear steel fall every time u pull the trigger. Be careful if u shoot an open gun, like many said, the dark side will get u

• 7 months later...