Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Completed round counter?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the second emitter to work one time. It jumped from three to six digits every time I passed my finger through it.

That'll sure speed up your reloading. :roflol:

You need to angle the IR beam.attachicon.gifIR.jpg

I received the photo interrupter and have everything wired up, but finding that it doesn't take much ambient light for the sensor to detect it (which also makes it impossible for a round to 'interrupt' the light detected by the sensor). From your pic, it looks like your sensor isn't shielded from ambient light. Does your reloading setup end up casting a shadow over the sensor? Or maybe you are using fluorescent lighting (no IR, or much less IR than incandescent light)?

Edit: I wrapped a good portion of both the sensor and emitter with electrical tape to limit the directions the triggering light can come from.

2015-07-26%2018.18.01.jpg

It's low enough that rounds cannot scoot under, but even with the blue tape across the top of the chute, I'm having some rounds bouncing over. This is with .380 acp, so it might be less of an issue with larger rounds. I'll have to create a gate/dampener that progressively (as the round makes its way down the chute) lowers the ceiling on how high the round can bounce.

Edited by G19

The shield on the top of the slide must be angled down to direct the bullet . See the picture of the piece of sheet metal that I used. I'm not sure about the light problem. I am sure that when I pointed the emitter and receiver directly at each other, they didn't work. From the look of light in your picture, you're by a window. Can you put up a piece of IR/UV tinted plastic over the window?