Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chipping in firing pin safety channel

Honeybooboo

I sent it to them but don't know if they would send me a new slide since it's stamped with a serial number. Don't know how that works.

only the frame is registered. I have many Glocks with mismatched uppers and lowers..

I sent it to them but don't know if they would send me a new slide since it's stamped with a serial number. Don't know how that works.

only the frame is registered. I have many Glocks with mismatched uppers and lowers..

Is that USPSA production legal?

Is that USPSA production legal? I don't shoot Production, but yes it is legal. The slides are OEM, just from another G17, and the barrels are OEM from other G17s also. A small frame Glock is just a small frame Glock (17/22/31/34/35/17L/24) until you put an upper on it. Then it becomes caliber specific. The mag bodies are the same outside dimensions, the extractor and ejector are different for a 9mm versus 40S&W/.357SIG. You can't put a 40S&W barrel in a 9mm slide, but it can go the other way with a conversions barrel. The breach face is wider and the OD of the barrel is larger on a 40.