Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competitor donated prize tables

Have there been any matches that have prizes donated by shooters instead of companies? Such as if I win something decent that I dont want anymore, can I donate it to a match director for a free or discounted entry fee? I know a lot of people can take the time to be RO's and get a comp'd entry fee but has this ever been tried by anyone anywhere?

I've had individuals donate items to our table, but that was just that donated...not in exchange for anything!

Just generous shooters who had things they didn't need.

I tend to take some of those prizes that I am unable to use and put them on our prize tables as well...I like to think of that as regifting! :roflol:

Edited to clarify: Mine are straight out donations, too. I meant prizes that I win off other prize tables at matches I shoot, I donate to He-Man or Rocky Mountain's prize table!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Used to shoot at a company owned indoor shooting range and folks would donate prize goodies for a prize box. Some of it was used stuff that was still good (like holsters, and reloading stuff), some was brand new - grips, 500 count boxes of bullets, bricks of 22lr, speed loaders, primers, powders, etc. Then the prizes were given out to the first in each class, and some random drawing prizes.

It was a fairly small group (about 20) and we all enjoyed the heckling and horse trading of prizes at the end of the match. Sometimes the less popular prizes were returned to the prize box for the next match, it almost became something like a white elephant gift exchange.

I have a box of new and used stuff that I've picked up over the years and usually just loan/give it to friends or new shooters who can use it. Maybe if people thought they could regift then they wouldn't immediately sell everything they win? However straight up donations sound cool too.