Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Open Shotgun

window2time

Hey Pat,

Three (no, four guys) guys come to mind that are contrary to your theory of tube mags and speed loaders being slower than box mag shooters;

Jerry Miculek

Mike Voigt

Don Bednorz

Craig Calkins

Just saying, it can be done with tubes and loaders... :)

jj

Eta; and I know at least a couple of Xrail guys that can finish up there well above box mags too...

I guess what I am saying is pick your platform and practice will make the most difference. Trying to buy a win usually don't work... :)

I do enjoy the heck out a shooting my 1919 thou!

I have a stage win over Jerry at the Texas Multigun nationals a few years back and it was an all shotgun stage. The R&R Saiga made the difference. Now of course I did not come close to him in the match over all. Basically saying an awesome shooter can beat normal shooters with older technology but on a level playing field there is no comparison. Also if it all comes down to the shooter then let the pro's use a double barrel shotgun and see how it comes out. Basically stated both the shooter and the equipment matter. As for buying a win I was accused of that when I first got my R&R and was using my limited pistol, a tac rifle and my R&R to win open division until the other competitors got box fed guns too. Then things changed.

Edited by Alaskapopo

Basically stated both the shooter and the equipment matter.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!

I have a you tube video showing me shooting into one target 30 rounds (with two 15 round mags) in 7.62 seconds with my 1919. Do I beat any of the guys above in SHOTGUN ONLY matches? No....

So yea, you can load 23 rounds in a shorter amount of time than the tubers, so what?

Can you keep the 23 rounder on your belt until reload time? Drop it and you risk rim lock. Doing that many rounds at once had a much higher risk factor.

A tuber can load 6 in under a second, so they can find smaller places in the stage to load, almost never do they fill their tube at once, they are constantly loading and shooting and loading and shooting...

Point is, until I or anyone else with box mags start beating these guys CONSISTENTLY, they are still the best at what they do with the tools they have chosen.

jj