Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA 1911

Ummm, maybe 20-25 rounds. Lol. It was a Christmas present last year from my wife and I figured one day I'll shoot some single stack. It's pretty rough out the box and definitely needs some TLC and tuning. When I'm ready I'm gonna bring to local gunsmith who works pretty exclusive on 1911's. It shot the factory cheap .45 ammo and was accurate. Knocking down bowling pins at 25 yards

I guess let me make clear this was first and only 1911 I've owned so my point of reference not great but I think for the $620ish range wife paid and once it gets worked over it'll be a nice SS gun. I don't see it being an elite top of the line 1911 but I have a weakness for Tanfos so figured why change the formula, lol:-)

I love my tanfo but my wife just got a RIA in 9mm and holy poo on a stick it's a great gun. It was under 500 w shipping and transfer fees. I'm looking to shoot single stack with it as well as open w my tanfo. Just to get as much as I can out of the limited matches I shoot.

• 1 month later...

Just curious, when you say that it's rough, what does that mean?? I'm thinking about buying one and was thinking about all that needed to be done to it... I have the Springfield RO 45 tricked out already and just want to try a Tanfoglio...