Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Feed

WJM

What is causing this issue? Obviously I know the picture is of a Glock, but this same thing is happening to my Tanfo Stock 2. My immediate thoughts are that the extractor is going bad. This issue only happens every 2-3 out of 400 rounds. The gun is wore in, and it's only started in the last week or so.

The case head of the brass looks stripped where the extractor looks like it slipped off the case. I don't believe it is an extractor spring issue because I just replaced it with a new one.

Thanks,

Wyatt

post-56777-0-42110100-1433256885_thumb.j

Edited by WJM

So the case in the chamber is just the spent brass, correct?

If so, then it's not a double feed. You're having an extracting problem.

If it's a live round in the chamber, then your getting a double feed.

I would suggest you take a close look at the extractor for the extracting problem.

Look at the mag if you're getting double feeds.

Is this only happening on one particular magazine or is it on all your mags? If it is only one mag, I'd take a look at the lips of that mag to see if it is letting the cartridge slide out too soon as a sort of inertia feed. If the problem is occurring near the end of the mag, you may want to see if you have a weak mag spring.

It is an empty brass. Like I said I believe it is an extracting problems as it happens with multiple mags.

I am thinking of just ordering a new extractor and dropping it in the gun.

WJM

Take the slide off the gun. Slip an empty case along the breech face behind the extractor. The extractor should hold the case pretty snug to the breech face. If it doesn't, the spring isn't installed correctly, or is the wrong spring, or the tooth on the extractor is chipped or worn at the wrong angle and can't hold the case.

It is an empty brass. Like I said I believe it is an extracting problems as it happens with multiple mags.

I am thinking of just ordering a new extractor and dropping it in the gun.

WJM

Just order a new extractor, they're not expensive and it will deffinitely give you an answer if that is the culprit. Edited by Prov1x