Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schumann tribrid

Revofan

Does anyone have a 6" or 5" tribrid barrel gun I'm having a 9mm 6" built trying to work up a good load for minor will be a steel gun primarily maybe a little minor uspsa let me know what your running and how you like it thanks guys !!!!! Pics too if you got em

post-54562-0-18709500-1433256079_thumb.j

I have built 4 6” tribrid barrel guns over the years, I just bought 1 back from the 3rd owner so I now have 2 identical, a primary and a backup. Not really a good choice for Minor loads, they work much better with Major as in extremely flat but loud (for the RO, I never notice).

I run mine with super comp brass, but any 9major load with powders in the N350 and 3N38 burn rate range should work well.

My builder recommended this set up for minor said that's what alot of the guys in AZ are running to shoot steel light short quick transitioning and flat shooting and yes I hear it going to be loud can anyone recommend a good powder for MG 124hp for this set up I hear a little bit faster powder works best I was thinking n320 (that I don't have) I do have titegroup that I was going to use for break in

" light short quick transitioning and flat shooting"

All of those quality's will be better with a major load and slower powder than they will be with a minor load and fast powder in this configuration.

3N37 loads at 168PF have 2X the dot movement as N105 loads at 178PF, 3N38 loads at 178PF are about 25% more movement then the N105 loads ( 75% less than the 3N37 load). N320 will not generate any gas for this configuration to use, i tried to develop a minor( 155 PF) load with N340 and quit, the configuration works better with a major load, but what do I know I have only been shooting this configuration, as a primary open gun since 1998....

A friend of mine shoots minor faktor out of his open gun ( tanfo 9 mm small frame ) at a powerfaktor of about 150 using 115 grain bullets .

He was using 3n37 and now SP2 so yes light bullets and slow powder to make the comp work is the way to go in a open gun .

2011bldr I agree slower powder more gas works the ports and comp better !!! Just relaying what a reputable builder has recommended to me that has been in the game as long as you have this is all a new world to me just started shooting 2011s this season thow not a new shooter I mad the move from glocks to 2011s so I definatly apreciate your input ! I want to learn as much as possible and these forums and its members have helped me a lot