Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Painting Targets

ZackJones

Pat, this is how I did it when I ran SC matches. Saves time, paint, money if the shooters want to get on with the show. You are not out there breaking speed records, well...not officially. It's for fun mostly so enjoy it. When shooters stop enjoying it, they find other hobbies.

We paint between each shooter. If somebody is shooting two guns they can do whatever they want. Don't remember anybody shooting back to back choosing to get the targets painted between the two guns but it is frequently offered. Some guys split their two entries, either because of not enough magazines or because they just want to.

I don't shoot with the super squad but they have a box of remanufactured ammo up for 1st place prize so they might be pickier.

Interesting...

I will have to talk to or steel shooters and see what they think. Certainly saves time to not paint but I would still prefer it for the reasons I mentioned above. You can always offer the option though.

Still don't like back to back though unless it's pistol and rifle. Different enough it doesn't matter.