Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Agency Arms

dohboy

how do they compare to Saurez

My buddy and I both have gen 3 G23s. He bought the Suarez magwell and I bought the Agency Arms one.

The little shelf around the outer middle of the magwell initally looked like a good spot to rest my little finger. In reality with the size of the G23, part of my palm and little finger end up hanging below the magwell and the little shelf is just in the way. The other downside to the AA magwell is that there are 2 little shelves where a mag could get hung up on during the reload. There is a definite lip between the magwell and the plug and between the plug and the grip. It is totally not a smooth transition like my Dawson on my G35 or the Suarez.

The Suarez magwell otoh flares out a bit at the bottom which gives a little more room over the Agency Arms one for your entire hand to fit on the grip without having any part of your palm hanging down begging to get pinched during a reload. Also there is a smooth transition between the magwell and plug and the plug and grip where a magazine sliding in won't hang up. The only downside to the Suarez vs the Agency Arms is that there is the word "Suarez" in white lettering on the front bottom of the magwell. Nothing that some black marker won't take care of.

My 2 cents.... get the Suarez (at least if you're putting it on a G19 or 23. I can't speak for the full-sized versions.