Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal fibre optic sights?

Hold Fast

I am looking to see if there is any IPSC Production Division legal firearm, where fibre optic front sights are kosher. I am not aware of any OEM fibre optic sights, but am hoping to be proved wrong.

Currently shooting a Glock 22, but previously shot Limited 10 with a STI config'ed with a Dawson fibre optic front and really, really miss it.

I saw a picture of TGO's Springfield XD with a Dawson front, but I checked the IPSC website and I do not see the XD on the list (I am Canadian so it has to conform to IPSC and not USPSA rules).

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, keep in mind the slight yet substantial differences between USPSA and IPSC. The XD is USPSA Production legal, not IPSC Production legal now.

As for IPSC Production legal FO sights, CZ is going to provide the new SP-01 with a FO front sight and it should also become a standard factory option for other CZs. That should make it Production legal on any CZ.

Beretta and CZ offer a Fiber as on option on their guns. Based on my reading of the IPSC rules, so long as the manufacturer offer the type of sight as on option, then all makes of that type of sight become legal on the given gun.

In other words, if you want a Dawson fiber on your CZ, and that model CZ is available with a factor fiber sight, then the Dawson sight is legal as well.