Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore on a PC

jester121

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn

Maybe I'm the last person to know, but this Chrome browser plug in allows the Practiscore APK to run on a Windows PC. I haven't gotten Wifi sync to work yet, that may be a limitation of the emulator, but I could see this being a useful tool for training new people on how to run Practiscore for scoring. In my first 10 minutes of messing around, it doesn't seem to be saving changes to allow resuming where you left off, but if Wifi sync works it could be a really nice tool for the registration desk.

Classification Update and Get Registration seems to work just fine, so it is able to access the internet from the host PC.

Wouldn't it be better to install Android Studio on your machine and run the real, supported development environment, which I'm pretty sure would let you run the practiscore .apk file without having to contain it within a browser? Just sounds like it would make more sense, although there's probably nothing wrong with arc-welder. Studio may be much more difficult to get started in it, though; IDE's like this can be initially unapproachable. What does Niftybytes use now to develop and test the android version of PS before porting it over to a device?

I have been using a laptop to setup matches in Practiscore for awhile now. It syncs through wireless just fine.

I can export the registration file to a USB flash drive then use another computer to print out backup sheets.

My older Toshiba laptop I use an 8 G thumbdrive that I boot Android X86 then open Practiscore.

It won't work on my newer Toshiba laptop. There are several tweaks that need to be done to make it work better.

I can go through some of the details that need to be done if anyone is interested.

I am working with my new Laptop with windoze 8.1 Just recently I have Practiscore working with sync.

I have a Virtualbox VM running with Android X86 then Practiscore. There are some details I am still trying to work out.

It looks promising.