Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Banks Rob You

bountyhunter

This is one of my pet peeves: the state of california conspires with banks to steal your money if the account goes "inactive"..... well, if it really was an account that sat dormant for years, maybe it would make sense.

But out here, if you buy a time CD the state can start the process to confiscate it after one year.... even if it is a five year CD. Make sense? The only saving grace is they have to send you a letter saying you have to claim it within 30 days, pray that letter doesn't get lost.

So I had a five year CD at US Bank, and I just got the letter. I went over to the bank and asked: did the account mature? Of course not, I can't touch the money for another four years without severe penalties.

Exactly what "activity" am I supposed to be doing on this account then? Well, you have to come in regularly, show your driver's license and sign a paper that proves your still alive.

Living in california, I have had to learn to accept what it's like when the lunatics run the asylum.

But this is too much.

Edited by bountyhunter

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)<br /><br />Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)<br /><br />Hate Forum Rules:<br />http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097<br /><br />[note: this is a generic reply]<br />