Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

did I mess up by buying a gen 4?

librarian45

so I'm building a open gun and I grabbed a g22 gen4 for real cheap.

Buuuuuuuut.

I'm now realizing that almost all aftermarket goodies are for gen 1-3.

Magwells in particular are extra annoying as some work or don't based on the backstrap.

I went for the gen4 b/c of the beavertail, but i'm starting to think i'd have been better off with a gen3 and a grip force.

So should I unload this thing and go back a generation?

so I'm building a open gun and I grabbed a g22 gen4 for real cheap.

Buuuuuuuut.

I'm now realizing that almost all aftermarket goodies are for gen 1-3.

Magwells in particular are extra annoying as some work or don't based on the backstrap.

I went for the gen4 b/c of the beavertail, but i'm starting to think i'd have been better off with a gen3 and a grip force.

So should I unload this thing and go back a generation?

Are you using a backstrap? If you can go without one (or cut off the bottom) you'll be GTG for magwells... The guide rod adapter is easy... I personally like the G3's better... But I run some G4's as well, and don't mind them. If it was a good deal, make it happen! Cheers, and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a right hander, I like the gen 4's because I have small hands..... (Almost need to break the 180 for mag change with any other Gen's). 2 minutes to change the mag release to the other side, ez mag button reach/no RO calling 180...I am disappointed that there are so few heavy mag wells for the Gen 4's....I've called Dawson several times???... Guess they are too busy with other things???to make a heavier brass mag well for the Gen 4's than the one they list???...Sorry, I don't see $150.00 for a mag well, I may not like....

Edited by mike NM

There is just as much stuff available for the Gen 4's now as the Gen 3's and the rest is interchangeable. Dawson makes a magwell, and a damned good one, That will fit with your back straps. Keep the 4 and enjoy it.