Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camden brass reject rate

We have a Camdex set up loading 9mm. What is an acceptable "kick out" rate for brass on flaws? We are running 10% right now...

Marine Corp

Colonial Shooting Academy

Edited by Baer45

That seems high can you tell why they are being kicked out? Once I pull all the aluminum and steel out I maybe maybe reject about 1/4 5 gal bucket of unusable 9mm out of a 40 gallon drum filled with mixed 9mm/380 ( very little 380 ).......maybe at most. This is with indoor range brass.

Is this the camdex loader or the case checker/prepper the one that shoots air into the case to check them?

It's being kicked out at the air gauge station. I'm not the operator, just the guy that paid for it:) I've been loading on 1050s for years so the learning curve does not bother me,,l just felt too much sorted brass was being rejected. It was higher and after an adjustment the reject rate dropped to 10% which he felt was realistic....this is helpful...

38 Super is what will stop it dead in tracks. From what I gather he must have the air pressure check set too sensitive?

Edited by Baer45

Or the rubber seal is compromised/damaged. Still, does a visual check of the rejected brass show truly defective brass? because 10% seems mighty high.

funny you mention the 38 super. On our 1050's I cut down the black cover feed tube over the case feed shuttle cock so the green feed tube adapter sits lower. Now I know right away when one of those guys tries to sneak thru.

Most machines sort by diameter, we do both diameter and height but still some sneak thru. I still haven't figured out a good way to get 357 sig out of the 40 S&W.

Member KTM300 here works with visual automation and is working on a pretty cool sorting set up that pops cases off a conveyor belt with jets of air. His day job works with plastic bottle manufacturing that checks 4,500 bottles an hour.

sounds like sensitivity is to0 high or there is a leak. Is this a used machine?

Edited by bajadudes

• 2 months later...