Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1050

I just sent my 1050 to Dillon.

Because it is a commerical machine, they charged me $125 for cleaning, adjustments, and returned shipping. I did not feel this was unreasonable. I did list some parts that need to be replaced or adjusted.

I will let y'all know what the final bill comes to when they return the machine.

I checked the rates at both FedEx and UPS. FedEx Ground 2 day was about $20 less than UPS. This is partly because I have an account with them. The service was much more friendly atj FedEx than at UPS (service center).

• 2 months later...

Well, I got my 1050 back. It did cost me some money. They replaced my powder measue. I asked them to check out the primer system. They did replace some parts.

I take my time to put it together. Readjust my powder measure. The new one is amazingly consistent. The bell on the .40 case was toooooo big, so I had fun (really it was fun) adjusting it to be more acceptable. Readjusted my bullet seating to get the right OAL.

Get ready to rock and roll and----

No priming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call Dillon, talk with Dave---a great guy. We had a couple more conversations. He sent a new primer tube to me--NEXT DAY DELIVERY!!!!!!! Pretty Cool

So being the genius I am---came to this site and looked the problem up.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

Someone else had a similar problem. Took the primer tray/bar out--it was not cleaned at Dillon, it had gunk in it. So I polished it. Ran a polishing tip on the end of my drill in the end of the blue tip of the primer tube. Clean our any burrs that may have been in it. 2,000 rounds and no problems.

I do like the 1050. I is an awesome piece of equipment.

I just sent my 1050 to Dillon.

Because it is a commerical machine, they charged me $125 for cleaning, adjustments, and returned shipping.  I did not feel this was unreasonable.  I did list some parts that need to be replaced or adjusted.

I will let y'all know what the final bill comes to when they return the machine.

I checked the rates at both FedEx and UPS.  FedEx Ground 2 day was about $20 less than UPS.  This is partly because I have an account with them.  The service was much more friendly atj FedEx than at UPS (service center).

No - they charged you $125 because they choose to. There is no requiement, other than internal policy, to support the 1050 at a lower level.

My 1050 is a great machine, and I'm glad Dillon always has those specific parts made just for this machine when I need to buy a replacement.

I am still disappointed every time I buy 1050 parts as I asked about the one year limit when I bought the 1050 as was told "that restriction is intended only for our commercial customers; we would never enforce it against a home user unless there was clear evidence of abuse like breaking multiple shellplates by misadjusting the press." The first time I encountered a charge for small repair parts (after years of great free service on the "informal support" plan), I was told that word came from the top to stop the existing practice of giving 1050 users free parts after the first year was over.

I just recieved (today) a mainshaft for my 1050 from dillon. I bought my 1050 used and have had it about 4 years.I also told them it was bought used. I got the shaft at no charge. The no free parts for used machines is not uniformly applied. This is also the first part I've needed. Y'all have a good weekend.

Huston in Austin

I believe that the "one year only" on the 1050 has always been the written word. I very much doubt that Dillon would ever go back on any written promise as they are an honorable company. The matter of "verbally assuring" that the policy would "never be enforced on a home user" was probably a flaw in customer service training - or perhaps the concept of actually enforcing it was never anticipated.

I ordered a few very small parts for my 1050 by phone and was told "No, we will not send these for free." BUT.... they were excellent about sending out a free replacement when they sent an incorrect part (the sent a regular allen bolt instead of a shoulder bolt).

More imporant to me than "free or not" is that I can get any obscure part replaced quickly and reliably. If you think that's the norm, just try calling any of the major firearms companies and saying "I'd like to order a firing pin and extractor. Will those ship today, or will I have to wait until tomorrow for the shipment to go out?"