Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

W231/HP-38 availability

fastlane604

Are you able to get any w231/hp-38? I've been able to buy Titegroup lately and keep it in reserve in case I can't find any w231. However, w231 is my first choice. I've been looking for several months without success.

Am I looking in the wrong places or is it just not available?

I've given up on 231/38, since I've had to look for other powders I've come to prefer Autocomp or CFE pistol. I sold my last 8# of 231 (leftover from a large stash) a month ago. I still look and haven't seen 231 for over a year and a half. I still have some of the old metal W231 cans that have an address without a ZIP code, that puts it at pre mid '60s. (it's empty and sits on the window sill).

I've given up on 231/38, since I've had to look for other powders I've come to prefer Autocomp or CFE pistol. I sold my last 8# of 231 (leftover from a large stash) a month ago. I still look and haven't seen 231 for over a year and a half. I still have some of the old metal W231 cans that have an address without a ZIP code, that puts it at pre mid '60s. (it's empty and sits on the window sill).

What caliber do you reload? I reload 9mm. Why do you like Autocomp or CFE better?

My LGS had 1 and 4lb jugs. 1lber's were $29 and the 4lber's were $119. At first I thought it was $120 for 8lb's but it was only 4. I passed on it in hopes of finding a better deal. It was kind of scary though. Their prices were always one of he best around. Maybe that's the "new" price?? Ouch

What caliber do you reload? I reload 9mm. Why do you like Autocomp or CFE better?

9mm, I think the reason I originally liked CFE and Autocomp was that it was available. :surprise: As I've used it for a while I got to like the way it shoots (completely subjective). Most of my loading now is 9Major, but I still load minor for Steel Challenge and for my wife.

Edit: And the price is right.

post-56380-0-67177300-1429830061_thumb.j

Edited by Bkreutz