Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting in 'the box'

Rideandshoot

I would like to use my Kimber Tactical Pro 2 for CCP. I trimmed the ambi safety so it makes the width requirement but with the mag well the base pads were too long. I trimmed the base pads down and now it fits if IF I tip it forward. Will that be OK? I'd like to use the pistol for the AZ State match on May 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had to do this with my Grand Power P1 as well.

Make sure that you do not contravene the rule below by disabling the manual safeties.

This means that they simply have to be operational.

CCP rules are mostly an extension of ESP rules except for the narrower width and 8-round magazine capacity.

ESP rules allow "aftermarket" safeties, whatever that means.

I believe this mod is absolutely fine unless you meet a range lawyer or a disgruntled Glock 19 owner who disagrees that should you be allowed to compete in "his" division.

8.1.7.5 Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties, grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, 1911 series 80 firing pin safeties, 1911 Swartz safeties. 1911 series 80 frames may be used with series 70 slides or vice versa. Revolver actions may not be modified so that the hammer can fall when the cylinder is open.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to do this with my Grand Power P1 as well.

Make sure that you do not contravene the rule below by disabling the manual safeties.

This means that they simply have to be operational.

CCP rules are mostly an extension of ESP rules except for the narrower width and 8-round magazine capacity.

ESP rules allow "aftermarket" safeties, whatever that means.

I believe this mod is absolutely fine unless you meet a range lawyer or a disgruntled Glock 19 owner who disagrees that should you be allowed to compete in "his" division.

8.1.7.5 Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties, grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, 1911 series 80 firing pin safeties, 1911 Swartz safeties. 1911 series 80 frames may be used with series 70 slides or vice versa. Revolver actions may not be modified so that the hammer can fall when the cylinder is open.

It just means that you can use a Ed Brows or Wilson Combat and the like on a Colt, Kimber, STI, Springfield. If you want an ambi safety on your gun you don't have to hunt down a Colt factory for your Colt or a Kimber factory part for your Kimber.