Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCR class rifle

DRichardson

I'm looking to build a 9mm AR15 for the pistol caliber rifle class for 3gn club series matches. None of my friends have ant 9mm ar's to try so I was looking for some thoughts from this group.

A pistol caliber carbine seems like it would be either really fun or really boring. What is your personal take on this.

If you had to do it over would you build a pistol caliber carbine?

I think it would be a blast, particularly on steel arrays instead of using a pistol. I bought a 9mm built on a DDLES Glock mag lower, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I'll probably run it at a local match or two this year.

From what I remember, PCR is new to the 3 Gun Nation club rule set.

I have only be considering a 9mm AR if I decide to go for Trooper division at MGM Iron man for 2016, or later. I'm leaning toward a JP GMR-13 of some type, in that case. Perhaps a 10.5" barrel SBR variant of the GMR-13.

I used to have a 9mm AR. I don't any more. I was not getting the accuracy I wanted with it. I don't recall which 8" barrel I had but I had a CMMG ramped bolt and mag well adapter. I think that you really need a dedicated 9mm gun to get things running. If that's the way you want to go I would look at a complete rifle from CMMG. I also broke two sets of trigger pins with that rifle.