Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 .357

Scrmblr

Has anyone been shooting a P320 is .357 Sig? I have one in 9mm with a Springer guide rod and 14lb 1911 spring. I found the 9mm in stock spring, to be a tad oversprung. I am curious if the .357 feels similar, or if the extra spring tension is appropriate with the hotter round. I shoot .357 Sig very often in P229 and P239. I just purchased a conversion to .357 Sig in the Full size.

Also, Sig is running a promotion on the Full and Compact conversion kits, 20% off. So, should be around $319.

Let me start by saying I have not shoot a match in some years . So my view as from a carry ammo and pure plinker load perspective .

I have enough time shooting a friend 357sig in a m&p full size and my 40 m&P full size to say when comparing a 125gr sig and 135gr 40sw both using underwood ammo hot ammo they feel the same . Power factor goes to both the 135 and 155gr 40sw but not buy much . I also have some low power 40's my grandson shoots , 155gr coated swc at 1000fps or a fuzz less that have always been reliable in my M&P . But in the sig p320 you can see the slide dipping as it goes back into battery and the slide will not lock back reliably with those light loads . Hardly any snap up, but easy to see muzzle down as the slide close's . So I will say the 40sw sig p320 is over sprung . Time for a bruce gray fat rod / spring fix for grandson use .

I have looked at the 357sig time and time again and always stay with the 40sw .

I bought a 229 in 357 recently and the more I shoot it the more I like it. It has the DOA trigger and I planned to convert to DA/SA. I have not done it yet. I also have a .40 but it just does not do anything for me.

Well, I have about 500-rds of ball and frangible thru my .357 Sig P320. Shot several steel, USPSA, and IDPA style stages with it. Flawless function, as accurate and possibly faster than my .357 Sig P229 or P239 (both with SRT DA/SA). I like the magazine well very much, it seems to be faster on reloads due to the open nature up front on the well. If they ever do a flared lower grip module, I'd be all over it.