Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Hill / Guga Ribas Belts?

swhiteh3

I've been using a CR Speed belt for a while now, and have no complaints about it to be honet, but some recent weight loss means I need new belts. I've been entertaining the idea of a Guga Ribas through Ernie Hill. Heard a few really good things about them, but was wondering if others had experience with the MTP (polymer insert) or MTS (steel insert) belts? I see some discussion of their holsters of Limited / Open, but I'm just looking for input on a belt for a Production rig. Any thoughts, comparisons to other belts, or comparison between the MTS and MTP?

• 2 months later...

I won a Guga Ribas holder and pouches at yesterdays WCSC raffle. I was using a CR speed wsm2 until now. It locks up much more solid than the Ghost or WSM2 holsters that I've tried. You can adjust the lock to perfectly fit your gun. I shoot a Czechmate and it wasn't easy finding an open holster for it.

I'm still playing with it, and I may need to adjust it a little more. The draw is so easy I'm worried I may knock the gun out of the holster if I miss. When the lock is engaged, it doesn't move at all. No shifting. No rocking.