Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Steel Nationals Results

ToddKS

I shot on the supersquad for rimfire. Most were shooting a S&W 41 with either the Bully, EWK, or homemade barrel. You could tell who wasn't because they were eating malfunctions (mostly 1911 conversions)

My experience would say that a buckmark with all the tricks is good for about 6-8000 rounds and then will start to bobble, 1911 conversions are always finicky, but the 41 runs.

I doubt it is much different than the Ruger. My open Buckmake went close to 30k rounds including a 49 match stretch where it went thru not a single gun or ammo issue between early 2011 and late 2012. Eventually in 2014 it had an issue that was traced to a worn out mainspring that I fixed in time for the 2014 NSSF WC. I helped KC thru an issue with a 41 he got loaned in a Tier II match back in 2010. But it was not the gun it was the C-More. The gun fired fine. Plenty of guys I have seen with real feeding issues with 41s over time shooting steel. In my opinion every gun can be made reliable but many are not. Some don't realize that shooting steel is a reliability test as much as anything. Don't just throw a lot of money at it suddenly and expect it to run 100%. Get it reliable then change it. Unless you just want to have one built by someone else and hope they do a good job.