Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some examples of what is possible with the Kadet, P-09, and 97 CZ pist

Joe L

I took up bullseye match shooting a little over a year ago and shot much of last year with a CZ-75B with a Kadet in rimfire and a plastic fantastic P-09 9mm in centerfire. We have a small group of 15 shooters that get together once per month to shoot 9 ten shot targets with each type of pistol, so 900 point rimfire match followed by a 900 point centerfire match. Most of the other shooters use a 22 conversion on a 1911 frame or a Ruger for rimfire and a 1911 in centerfire using handload 775 fps lightly loaded ammo.

I won a few of our local matches last year using the Kadet and P-09. For 2015, I'm moving to a CZ-97 in .45 for centerfire. I got it in January and have been getting the spring/sites/ammo right since then. I do a lot of practice single hand at 25 and 50 yards. But I also enjoy shooting from a bench two handed wrist rest at 100 and 200 yards with the pistols. I have never had a bad 100 yard or 200 yard session with the P-09. I have only shot the Kadet and CZ-97 at 100 yards so far. The challnge is not how well the gun shoots so much as how well I can duplicate the sight picture for each shot and then pull the trigger without moving the gun. Imagine that.

I thought those of you that don't shoot bullseye or who have never shot at 100 or 200 yards might like to see what it looks like and also may be surprised to see that "groups" with a pistol at these distances is very doable.

25 yard timed fire CZ-97

100 yard P-09 2 weeks ago

100 yard CZ-97 2 weeks ago

200 yard P-09 2014

100 yard P-09

Kadet 4" group at 100 yards

PC063283-M.jpg

Try some pistols at distance some time. Might surprise you.

Joe

I'm doing what I can to help with the bullseye matches. They are a lot of fun...and no procedurals for me.

Here is another 200 yard attempt video with the P-09. Gun is phenomenal. I didn't get quite as excited this time, since I knew that it was going to be possible to get a good group at 200 yards with a 9mm pistol.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

A quick group with the P-09 from last Friday for some of my bullseye forum buddies who are not familiar with CZ's.

IMG_0445-M.jpg

The other holes are from a 22. Gun still has a Burris FF III red dot.

Joe