Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next: 2011 rimfire.

bluesman2a

Guess what. I need some more UZI mags. You want to sell them?

Anyways once you get your gun running let me know I would love to meet up and try them out side by side....

Sounds good sir! I too would like to see how they compare. I also JUST bought an older STI .22 upper from a member here, and I'm thinking I want to build it on a single-stack frame.

I'll shoot you a PM over on ODT and we can work out the details.

I guess single stack guys can play too?

ABSOLUTELY!!! That's my NEXT build (I really need to STOP cruising the classifieds here).

That's a nice looking gun you have there, who's frame did you use?

That's actually the frame from my Kimber Team Match, so it's not really a "build" I guess. Well, maybe if you count the home built DeltaPoint mount.......

Has anyone tried the Nelson single stack magazines with a TacSol conversion unit? I tried GSG mags with mine and they don't even try to function.

I'm curious about this as well. Oddly, my plastic Kimber mags are functioning better than the supplied aluminum TacSol mag. I'd also like to hear from anyone who has tried the Brownells conversion mag. In pictures it looks like the Nelson magazine.

Okay, so I ordered two Nelson mags. Since they are en route, I figured I would see what my Marvel Unit looks like on my 2011 frame. Here it is. But I ran into a problem. With the guiderod tightened down the trigger will not release the hammer. With the guiderod loose, it works fine. No such issues on any of my 1911 frames. Anyone know what the problem is?

image_zpsl60tychm.jpg

image_zpsc8ghevsp.jpg

Edited by lawboy

Okay, so I ordered two Nelson mags. Since they are en route, I figured I would see what my Marvel Unit looks like on my 2011 frame. Here it is. But I ran into a problem. With the guiderod tightened down the trigger will not release the hammer. With the guiderod loose, it works fine. No such issues on any of my 1911 frames. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thats odd. I have not run into that problem. Hopefully someone will have run into this before...

Thats odd. I have not run into that problem. Hopefully someone will have run into this before...

I did some fiddling and figured out that this slide/frame combo fits together such that, when the rod is tightened, the disconnector is not centered in the secrets on the slide center raceway and is actually bearing very slightly on the left edge of the raceway. Slight pressure on the slide allows the disconnector to audibly click into the raceway and then the gun functions correctly for one trigger press. No biggie. I have other 2011 frames to try it on. Edited by lawboy