Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Karma, Paging Mister Sherman

I think I speak for every 49er fan on earth and probably a lot of other people when I say that we didn't really care won won the super bowl, AS LONG AS SEATTLE LOST.

If you want to know why, it goes back to the king of the biggest mouth in the game, Richard Sherman who couldn't pass up a chance to act the fool last year. After the 49ers game he said:

“I’m the best corner in the game,” he said. “When you try me with a sorry receiver like [49ers wideout Michael] Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get…Don’t you open your mouth about the best or I’m gonna shut it for you real quick.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/01/19/video-seahawks-richard-shermans-post-game-crabtree-rant/

But it would be unkind to rub it in, so I'll just close with a quote from the bible:

"Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Edited by bountyhunter

I'm glad someone started this particular thread. Pride goeth before a fall. After winning the Super Bowl last year, the Hawks got way too arrogant for their pants, and were obnoxious all year. I was grossly disappointed that they didn't get knocked out of the game altogether with the Playoffs, but no matter. They LOST the Super Bowl. They had it coming. That was good enough for me.

Oh, and they're the most-penalized team in the NFL.

Interestingly, a local poll here in our county (Oregon) noted that 50 percent of those polled said they HATED the Seahawks. Enough said. Maybe now they'll go away and shut up. :angry2: