Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P-09 for ESP division?

SupersonicBullet

Hey, Guys

Would a CZ P-09 switched over to single action only, be competitive going up against the 1911's and other single actions in the esp division?

A quick answer is, yes. Polymer guns can be very competitive against 1911's, I beat many 1911 shooters with Glocks and M&Ps regularly. I think it is primarily because they are quicker on transitions and especially reloads.

Now, I haven't poured over the new rule book yet, but I am not sure you can run the p-09 single action in IDPA. Because of the full length dust cover, it is only legal is ESP because it is legal in SSP. At least I think that's right... I will have to look into that more. I think for it to be legal in ESP, it has to be in its legal SSP configuration. I'm hoping some someone else with better rules knowledge will step in and correct or verify that.

Personally I'm quite curious about the P-09 and am looking forward to shooting one.

Hi, Butterbuc

The P-09 comes with a decoker and a safety that can be switched easily with the Omega trigger system, so you can go from Sa/da to single action.

So I assume either mode would be ssp, since it comes with both changeable actions.

Somebody please chime in and let me know if the P-09 is legal for esp.

Hi, Butterbuc

The P-09 comes with a decoker and a safety that can be switched easily with the Omega trigger system, so you can go from Sa/da to single action.

So I assume either mode would be ssp, since it comes with both changeable actions.

Somebody please chime in and let me know if the P-09 is legal for esp.

For SSP
8.2.1.2. Start Condition:
8.2.1.2.1. Selective DA/SA firearms will start hammer down.
8.2.1.2.2. Firearms with a de-cocking lever or button will be de-cocked using the lever or button.
8.2.1.2.3. If the hammer must be lowered by pulling the trigger and manually lowering the hammer,
the hammer will be lowered to the lowest position possible.
As I interupt the rules, for this particular pistol to be ESP legal, it has to be SSP legal. Which it is SSP Legal, but not if it starts is SA mode.

What do you shoot in SSP Butterpuc?

plain jane Glock 34 or my M&P Pro9. I want to get my hands on a P-09, I think I would like it. There have been a lot of favorable reviews lately.

But for esp,it can be in single action only mode...correct?

​I think you are correct, I was hoping someone else would chime in that had a more definite answer. I assumed, if the pistol was only legal in ESP because it is legal in SSP, then it has to remain in an SSP configuration to compete in either SSP or ESP. However, after further reading, look at the last rule I have posted here.... It specifically has listed for ESP, a "steel" dust cover can't be longer than 3.25" the P-09 is not steel. I think the P-09 it is legal in ESP, not just because it is a SSP legal pistol.

8.2.2.1.6. Start Condition:
8.2.2.1.6.1. Firearms designed for cocked and locked carry will start cocked and locked (hammer
cocked, safety engaged).
8.2.2.1.6.2. Selective DA/SA firearms will start cocked and locked or de-cocked. This is the
shooter’s discretion, including firearms using the SSP into ESP rule.
8.2.2.1.7. All firearms legal in SSP are legal for use in ESP. This provision may be used for
firearms that violate an ESP rule (for example, a firearm with a steel dust cover or rail over 3.25”) to
still be
used in ESP, provided the firearm meets all SSP requirements.
8.2.2.3. ESP Excluded Features and Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):
8.2.2.3.1. Steel dust covers and rails over 3.25” (as measured from the rear of the slide stop pin
to the most forward portion of the dust cover or rail) are not permitted.