Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOVE that Trigger...CGW Ultra-lite S\D kit intalled

Derwoodski

After reading all the good stuff here about the CGW DA Trigger reductions, I ordered the Ultra-lite S/D Kit from CGW. Got it installed last night and WOW! I have (had) a bone stock 75B with about 20k rounds thru it. Used a fish scale to get an idea at where the DA pull was at, 11.5 to 12 as best I could figure. SA about 5.5. It was always pretty smooth even if heavy and has only improved as I ran more rounds thru it. After the kit install with the 11.5# hammer spring etc. the DA pull is now about 6.5-7 and the SA is about 4. Big difference! Feels great.

Quick Run down of what I put in:

11.5# hammer spring

extended Firing Pin/reduced power FP spring

reduced power FP Block spring

12# recoil spring

I made a video of the install which I will post as soon as I can get youtube to cooperate. All in all it was a pretty easy install with all the great resources on here! (thanks kneelingatlas)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iwK9t-TbPgo"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Derwoodski

Follow up testing...light strikes on 2 out of 100 rounds (winchester small pistol primers) Looks like I will be going with the 13# Hammer spring or converting to all federal primers. bummed as I have about 2000 rounds of WSP primed rounds. Love the new trigger pull however.

i would at least try polishing the firing pin and the FP bore, as well as checking the FP block for burs. At least on Tanfos, this really helps

I would agree. I never had any issues with WSP and the 11.5lbs hammer. I did have David at CGW do the install and polish.

If you deciede to swap out the stock hammer for CGW hammer you willl probably get the SA closer to 3lbs. If you do that you should get the Type 2 disconnector and his adjustable sear.

i would at least try polishing the firing pin and the FP bore, as well as checking the FP block for burs. At least on Tanfos, this really helps

This seems to be the consensus, I didn't do any polishing of the new firing pin and just cleaned the fp bore. I have done this now, and will retest. shot a match Sunday using ammo that I had loaded with Federal primers and it ran flawlessly, Hopefully a good polish on the fp and bore will fix the occasional light strike, I would like to be able to use what ammo I have loaded for matches and not just practice.