Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Witness P-S hammer spring

pistolpete72

I'm new to this forum and hope this is where to post this. I recently bought the above mentioned pistol in 9mm. I would like to do a complete teardown and replace the hammer spring with a lighter one. Problem is, the only disassembly videos I can find don't really apply to this model. It appears the hammer and spring are different from the other Witness models. Anybody have any ideas where I can find disassembly instructions?

Thanks,

Jerry

post-58065-0-29508600-1422396554_thumb.j

Once you get the inner blocks out its pretty much the same as a standard Witness. There are 2 metal blocks inside the polymer frame. One that the slide rail and trigger is attached to, and one in the back that the safety and hammer are attached to. The rear is held in by a long roll pin, and if I remember correctly the front is held in by the extra long trigger pin. If you take the safety out and push the roll pin that holds the rear block in, then you should be able to tear it down very similar to a standard Witness.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does help. I kinda figured that was it, but didn't want to drive out that back roll pin and have parts flying all over the place. I've only put about 75 rounds thru the pistol, so I'll probably wait till I get a few hundred thru it before I decide if I really want to replace the spring or not. I am surprised that someone hasn't posted a youtube vid on how to do it.

I do like this pistol. When I hold it right it's dead nutz accurate. I've got a lot of practice to do yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch,

Jerry

Edited by pistolpete72

Yes, that does help. I kinda figured that was it, but didn't want to drive out that back roll pin and have parts flying all over the place. I've only put about 75 rounds thru the pistol, so I'll probably wait till I get a few hundred thru it before I decide if I really want to replace the spring or not. I am surprised that someone hasn't posted a youtube vid on how to do it.

I do like this pistol. When I hold it right it's dead nutz accurate. I've got a lot of practice to do yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch,

Jerry

The Polymer frame isn't much different than the steel frame. I used the videos from the Wintess 45 to do all my work... just make sure to put pressure onto the hammer while driving out the pin.. or things do go flying everywhere.. but putting it all back togetehr isn't that bad... (the trigger assembly is a bitch the first time lol).