Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need load data.

Pitt Bull

I have just bought some 200 gr. Lead round nose bullets (.452) to shoot out of my 5 inch 1911. I cannot find any reloading data. All the information I Have is for a 200 gr. SWC. I need an overall length for the round nose bullet and a load to make major power factor. Does anyone know where to find this information? Does anyone have the information?

I load them to OAL of 1.250 or as long as they will fit into your mags....

Get a current loading manual...lots of loads for .45. What powder are you wanting to use, primer, brass....

Also crimp is .470 for mine, assuming bullet diameter of .452

Hope this helps... :)

• 2 months later...
I have just bought some 200 gr.  Lead round nose bullets (.452) to shoot out of my 5 inch 1911. I cannot find any reloading data.  All the information I Have is for a 200 gr. SWC.   I need an overall length for the round nose bullet and a load to make major power factor.  Does anyone know where to find this information?  Does anyone have the information?

I shoot 5 grains W231 behind a 200 grain LSWC, so I think that will work well. I cast the bullets you are are talking about (if they are a round nose flat point) and have not loaded them myself yet, though I've sold many thousands.

I have just bought some 200 gr.  Lead round nose bullets (.452) to shoot out of my 5 inch 1911. I cannot find any reloading data.  All the information I Have is for a 200 gr. SWC.  I need an overall length for the round nose bullet and a load to make major power factor.  Does anyone know where to find this information?  Does anyone have the information?

4.3 - 4.5gn of Clays