Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How low can XDM slide be milled for a DeltaPoint ?

BritinUSA

I've been playing around with my ProdOptics XDM for a few months using the SpringerPrecision mounting plate for a DeltaPoint,

I'm thinking of getting a backup gun and wondering if its possible to mill the slide so the scope will sit lower than it does at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone had tried that and if so, how low can it go ?

One idea I've been considering is using the SP mounting plate as a base for a milled slide, that way if I decide to switch to a different scope in the future I only need to swap out the plate.

It's about 0.10" from the top when you will hit the firing pin safety block/spring. Another 0.045" can be removed from the slide and off the bottom of the safety block. The spring and possibly the block will make contact with the bottom of the scope which could be a problem. Also at this depth the bottom of the extractor will need some metal removed. The last one I did to the 0.145" depth I used a mounting plate that I thinned down. Another problem to look at is the mounting screw pattern of the sight, it might be too wide for the slide so the mounting plate is a must.

Rich

Question for Rich & Scott

Any word if SA will be coming out with the "Milled Slide" on the XDM in the future ?

First the SW M&P and now the Glocks have it but I like my XDM's

Been holding out to make a move till the new Deltapoint Pro hits the market

Thanks

Springfield will go with what sells, as in large numbers of units. I'm sure the Custom Shop will do this if an individual asks for it.

SV is the only company that has thought of the correct way to do it and that's a slide made wider for a proper mounting area.

Rich